Rent Free in my Head: Denis’ Banana cake

 


Starts at 1:14:35

So here I am, doing my evening research, as usual, when I stumble upon a special moment in time during which Sir Ken and Denis are on the same stage (double the pleasure!). Halfway through, Denis confesses this *exquisite* story about how he did his own research for directing Timothée in Dune: Part One. I love his polite, initial hesitation, followed by simple, matter-of-fact honesty, topped with a soupçon of life advice at the end. This will be in my mental giggle box forever.

“Don’t try this. voila!”

BONUS MOMENT at 1:42:08 when Ken tells the adorable story of Judi Dench rehearsing with Ciarán Hinds. At the punchline of the tale, Denis just CRACKS UP and I can’t properly articulate how perfectly endearing it is to see my husband make my boyfriend lose his mind for a second.

Comments

Popular Posts